Friday, August 6, 2010

My very Haunted House

Photo by Ian Bryson:, http://ianseattle.deviantart.com/

      This is a cautionary true tale, one I hope you will never have to experience. A move from one affluent and pretentious neighborhood to another would erase any doubts  I may have had on the validity of the paranormal. I would be calling for help from a paranormal team of investigators in less than a year after our move. Unlike ghost reality shows, When you LIVE in the house with ghosts it is far from  entertaining.  It was terrifying. A ghostly feeling-or a presence is one thing, what happened in my house was malicious in nature putting our love to the ultimate test. As I recall, it all began with the new land lord.We called to schedule a viewing. Viewing his property came with an unusual requirement. He made it clear that in order to view his property~he must first "visit" our home. He could decide after if we where worthy to rent to.Sure, it seemed strange but considering my bonus was getting to live blocks from my best friend, ~I stayed focused on how cool that was. We had nothing to hide, so what the heck? Our initial visit to the property could have told much if we knew to watch out for creepy landlords with there creepy families.  

We did not,we DO now. Arriving at walk through we noticed how the property was set back from the other houses,nice. A perfectly manicured lawn and a beautiful old elm tree only added to our excitement. At the end of the drive we next noticed our future land lord next to his wife, she was struggling to grab a large cement block,  she was building a retaining wall. Her expression was awkward, I assumed because of the hard grunt work she was doing, Alas I don't like to judge and presuppose. My honey would soon be ushered inside the house as we women folk remained outside chatting, exchanging recipes and such. Not my usual behavior, However I was compelled to act in a manner fitting of the East Side, we really wanted this house! It was ridiculous how good the price for rent was. Too good. 

The first time I experienced something was different about this place ink was not even dry on the paper. I was trying in vain to get the hot water to go on. When, from a big window upstairs in our two level, 6 bedrooms,(w)reck room, dual fireplace, downstairs mother in law,-house.I saw the land lords wife just  What luck she could surely turn on the water heater. I decided to flag her down with my best friend at my side. As we approached her, She startled, like a deer in the head lights. Politely I said, "hey, I am so glad to see you, can you please help me? The water heater must be off, can you tell me how to turn it on?" Her reaction shocked both my friend and I. She looked up nervously and excitedly said,  "No,I won't go into the house! "It would be many months before I would come piece it together why she was so hesitant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, suggestions and questions are welcome and will be moderated.